Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Welcome to My 2nd Million

Greetings Personal Finance fans. You have stumbled across my quest for my 2nd million. No, I'm not already a millionaire, it's an old joke. I gave up on the 1st million because it wasn't working.

My quest for my 1st million got me nothing but debt. At 25 old, I could have been that nameless face you read about in every article detailing how poorly 20-somethings handle their money. I was making every mistake while thinking to myself that I was on the right track.

Five years later, and I'm finally on track. My family has been debt free but the house for almost two years now. From the day that we began our new path, it's been my desire to offer financial guidance to others. I am a Dave Ramsey Certified Counselor and I'm currently trying to start a finance ministry in our church.

What makes me any different from the hundreds of other PF bloggers? Probably not much, except location and background. I'm a small town boy living in rural Missouri. I live debt free in the 2nd poorest county in the state. Looking at the level of poverty that surrounds me breaks my heart. So I want to do whatever I can to help the ones that want to change. I suspect that my posts might venture toward the lower end of the financial spectrum; issues that would affect people who are just trying to get by.

No comments: